"Beauty can be seen in all things, seeing and composing the beauty is what separates the snapshot from the photograph."
-Matt Hardy

Monday, April 26, 2010

Two Passions......One Day



Many of you already know that I'm one of those people who loves to enter running races and triathlons. I have always thought volunteering would be fun, just because I love the whole atmosphere and the great positive attitudes that racers always seem to have. I wouldn't even care what I did to volunteer, whether it be handing out gatorade, band-aids, helping with registration, or just simply cheering people on.

One of my other passions is photography. In nearly every race I've run, there have been photographers on the course, getting great shots of the racers in the middle of the action.

Joaquim Hailer owns Zazoosh photography, which is one of those companies that have photographed many of the triathlons I've participated in. As I ride or run past the photographer, I always think, man, that would be fun to be a photographer for one of these races someday!

Well, that opportunity presented itself to me the other day. Out of the blue. I was asked by a fellow photographer to be an assistant at the finish line for the Ogden Marathon! I feel so excited, happy, and just honored that they would ask! I ran that race last year, so (as cheesy as it sounds), it has a "special place" in my heart. And now I will be at the other end of the camera, capturing the racers at the best part of the day, when they complete their goal at the finish line.

I think I will be smiling all day long on May 15th! :)


2 comments :

Jessica said...

Tia, that is so dang cool! I would LOVE to do that!

Mindy said...

I think you may have found your own little niche hear... I admire you for it and I can't wait to see what you do with it. I would go out of my ever loving mind trying to photograph a sports event. I guess it's just not my thing. when I did Ragnar my team was all excited to have a photographer in the car, and i just ended up handing my camera over to someone else... I just didn't feel like it. Sad, huh? I think you'll do so awesome at this. I was at my sports med doctor office yesterday and he sees a lot of athletes and olympians who autograph collages and large pictures for his office walls, in the room I was in there was a big frame with 5 pictures of an ironman triathlete and the images where so awesome. Cool angles and magazine worthy shots. I'll bet you get good pictures like that. :) Good luck and I hope you enjoy it!